A position is available in the Ixopo area for a Harvesting Forester. Manual and mechanised operations, 10 000 – 12 000 tons Euc. per month. Qualifications and experience essential.
Chain saw operator
Looking for a chain saw operator to work in the Stellenbosch area.
Forestry planning manager job offer
The Kilombero Valley Teak Company in Tanzania is looking for a Planning Manager.
The PM’s overall objective is to provide the company with detailed maps and manage data on its forestry and conservation activities within KVTC’s landholding. The PM administrates the research and development programs of KVTC’s forestry assets in close collaboration with external advisors and researchers.
The PM will perform regular monitoring and reporting of numerous growth and operational progress indicators through field surveys. The PM will assist the company in resource planning and drawing up long term harvesting and thinning plans
• Tertiary Degree in Forestry or related courses
• 3-5 years of experience in a commercial agricultural or forestry company
• An understanding of statistics and proven ability to manage complex data sets
• Experience with FSC Certification systems
• Experience working with GIS Programs and Resource/Forestry Management Software
• Strong personality and good communicator that likes to work in a team but can function with minimum guidance
• This position is based in a remote and rural part of Tanzania and entails extensive field work.
If you meet the requirements of the position above, please submit your application letter, CV and copies of references and certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed applicants will be invited for interviews.
Deadline for submissions: 22 September 2017
Full details on the position can be found here: http://kvtc-tz.com/careers/
We are a family owned farm, with an existing green house and new crop expansion to start during 2017. Initially the main focus of the farm will be to produce a successful hydroponic green-house harvest and to prepare for the new crops.
Location: East London area, Eastern Cape Province, South Africa.
Salary: Negotiable, based on qualifications & experience.
Bonus scheme available for successful harvesting.
Other: Accommodation provided.
• Oversee all day to day greenhouse operations: from planting to harvesting, logistics, quality control.
• Supervise team of employees, ensuring all essential daily tasks are completed and necessary training is implemented.
• Ensure that equipment, machinery, irrigation and facilities are well maintained.
• Stock control of consumables and spares, within agreed budget.
• Land preparation for new crop.
• Petty Cash, keep records of expenditure as authorised within budget.
• Packaging and sale of harvest.
• General administration as required.
• Weekly report to owners.
• Experience in hydroponics (peppers & tomatoes).
• Previous farm management experience.
• Tertiary qualification in agriculture/agronomy or related field.
• Irrigation experience
• Ability to work independently
• Planning and implementation of daily routines.
• Valid drivers licence.
• Ability to speak Xhosa is an advantage
• Computer literate.
Please send your CV to email@example.com. The first interview may take place via Skype.
Forest Value Chain Adviser – Tanzania
Forest Value Chain Adviser wanted for a Sustainable Forest Management and Value Chain Development in Tanzania (Project Tender Opportunity).
NIRAS International Consulting (www.niras.com/dc) is looking for a senior consultant with 10 years’ experience in technical areas relevant to the assignment.
Forest Operations Manager – Uganda
Continental Forests is looking for a Forest Operations Manager for their pine and eucalyptus plantations in Uganda. The focus of work will be on harvesting. For more information please visit www.continentalforests.com or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FSC Sub-Regional Coordinator
FSC is offering a job as Sub-Regional Co-ordinator for Southern Africa, to be based in Johannesburg. Enquiries: Chris Burchmore, email: email@example.com
FSC High Conservation Value Officer
FSC is offering a position for a High Conservation Value Officer, based in the Congo Basin. Enquiries: Chris Burchmore, email: firstname.lastname@example.org