SA Forestry’s 2021 Annual printed edition has been published. This 80-page glossy publication covers the forestry industry from seedling to mill, and includes reviews of the year in forestry as well as analysis, trends and innovation in the industry that provides the primary raw materials for countless downstream processors and manufacturers.
Highlights of the publication include:-
- Forestry South Africa’s take on surviving and thriving in a tough 2021.
- The latest B-BBEE transformation stats for the forest sector.
- The Cape sawlog pinch – explaining the chronic shortage of sawlogs in the Cape.
- Business profiles on NCT Forest’s champion commercial and small-scale tree farmers of the year.
- Use of drones taking off in forestry research and management applications.
- The switch to paper pots transforms the way commercial trees are propagated in nurseries and planted out.
- Forestry and the carbon economy – a guide to how forestry can benefit from fixing carbon and fighting climate change.
- The magic of trees explores the role trees play in religion, in history, in economic development, in the environment, in our lives.
- Fire investigation case study … who lit the match?
- Forestry company tackles water stewardship at a landscape level.
- Forestry’s role in kickstarting rural economic development.
- Spotlight on forestry equipment and service providers.
Copies of the SA Forestry 2021 Annual are available for sale for just R175 – it includes the cost of mailing. Payment details are on our subscription page HERE.
You can also download a PDF version of the Annual HERE.
For subscription enquiries, email: email@example.com