Forest GIS and Remote Sensing conference
A Forest GIS and Remote Sensing conference is taking place at the Southern Sun Elangeni Maharani in Durban from 9-10 December 2021. The aim of the conference is to highlight the importance of GIS and remote sensing technologies in forestry and their applications for forest management, and to review current research findings and recommendations.
Presentations that will be made during the conference include:-
• How Mondi is using satellite remote sensing, GIS tools and applications to support decision making, by Paul van Heerden, Senior GIS Technician at Mondi.
• Streamlining forestry operations through multispectral satellite imagery, by Michael Breetzke of Swift Geospatial.
• The use of drones in forest management, by Ross Walters of Specialised Agricultural Services.
• Remotely mapping trees from seedling to harvest, by independent consultant Dr Kabir Peerbhay.
• GIS enterprise and remote sensing coming together, by Pieter Human of Sappi.
• Technology in forest management, by Dr Bruce Sithole of CSIR.
For more info contact Levi on 067 107 6133; email email@example.com