Forestry planning manager job offer
The Kilombero Valley Teak Company in Tanzania is looking for a Planning Manager.
The PM’s overall objective is to provide the company with detailed maps and manage data on its forestry and conservation activities within KVTC’s landholding. The PM administrates the research and development programs of KVTC’s forestry assets in close collaboration with external advisors and researchers.
The PM will perform regular monitoring and reporting of numerous growth and operational progress indicators through field surveys. The PM will assist the company in resource planning and drawing up long term harvesting and thinning plans
• Tertiary Degree in Forestry or related courses
• 3-5 years of experience in a commercial agricultural or forestry company
• An understanding of statistics and proven ability to manage complex data sets
• Experience with FSC Certification systems
• Experience working with GIS Programs and Resource/Forestry Management Software
• Strong personality and good communicator that likes to work in a team but can function with minimum guidance
• This position is based in a remote and rural part of Tanzania and entails extensive field work.
If you meet the requirements of the position above, please submit your application letter, CV and copies of references and certificates to: email@example.com
Only short listed applicants will be invited for interviews.
Deadline for submissions: 22 September 2017
Full details on the position can be found here: http://kvtc-tz.com/careers/