MTO harvesting forester required
MTO Forestry requires the services of a qualified Harvesting Forester at their Knysna Plantations located in the Knysna Region.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Degree or Diploma in Forestry (National Diploma or BSc Degree)
- 3 Years’ relevant experience as a forester is seen as a minimum requirement for this job.
Additional Requirements (Advantageous)
- Specialized firefighting knowledge.
- GIS (Geographical Information Services).
- Sound knowledge of all relevant legislation with specific emphasis on the Forests Act and the
Veldt and Forest Fire Act.
- Knowledge of the OSHACT, accident investigation, Labour Relations Act, Mentoring and
coaching of staff etc.
- Knowledge of Environmental related issues, such as FSC chain of custody.
- Financial and software specific knowledge i.e. budgetary control, Micro Forest and related
- Able to manage risks and occupational health and safety.
- C1 drivers licence.
- People Management Experience
- Ability to manage change and improve on current systems
- Impeccable discipline and attendance record
- Computer literate
Housing : Housing available
Closing date : 22 July 2016
Please complete and submit application to HR Department or fax or email for attention of J Watermeyer.
Fax: 042 280 3953
For further info contact email@example.com